Services and resources
Many services and accommodations are available at Saint Martin's
University to ensure students with disabilities are provided the
opportunity to participate fully in academic and student life. The staff
works closely with students and faculty to provide the following
Classroom assistance: ergonomic chairs and other furniture, voice
Testing accommodations: extended time and reduced distraction are
available in the Learning and Writing Center. Tests must be
scheduled in advance by the student.
Accessible text and audio books are available.
Assistive technology: Zoomtext and Dragon Naturally Speaking. Zoomtext
is available on two computers in the LWC. Dragon is available in the
LWC as well as in study rooms two through five on the main level of
the O'Grady Library. Please visit the reference desk in the library
to book the main floor study rooms.
Note-taking assistance: note takers are available for students who are
eligible to receive this accommodation. Please e-mail the note taker
more information or visit the note
Document conversion: audiotape, large print.
- Campus accessibility
- Responding to inquiries regarding admission and meeting with the
prospective students and their parent
- Counseling students about special resources available to students
- Coordinating services to provide reasonable plans of accommodation
- Serving as a liaison with local and state agencies
- Assisting students with advocating their needs to staff and faculty
- Enrollment assistance
- Assistance with registration or housing needs
- Advocacy building and links to community resources
Saint Martin's University provides a supportive environment
for encouraging all students to take responsibility for their
learning needs. Learning self-advocacy in college is good
practice for the future when students enter the workplace.