How to apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, it is in your
interest to meet the following priority dates. This is especially true if
you are applying for financial aid, assistantships or scholarships.
|Deadlines for main campus
|Summer semester (May - July)
|Fall semester (late August - December)
|Spring semester (January - May)
|Deadlines for JBLM campus
|Summer session (May - July)
|Fall session I (August - October)
|Fall session I (October - December)
|Spring session I (January - March
|Spring session II (March - May)
- Check for $50 application fee made out to "Saint Martin's
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
sent directly from the institution to OGS. International students
must also submit official English translations for any transcripts
not in English.
- Test scores (GRE or MAT) sent directly from the testing agency.
- Three letters of
Have each recommender send their signed form directly to the Saint
Martin’s University Office of Graduate Studies. Letter writers are
encouraged to attach a letter further detailing qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae outlining your professional or work experience
- Three Saint Martin supplemental forms:
- Oath of
Pre-program observation form
Acknowledgement of fingerprint background check and proof of
Detailed information including
fees, procedures and payments can be found on the
WSP/FBI Fingerprint Background Check website.
- Two State of Washington certification forms:
Character and Fitness form
- Institutional application for a certificate - choose the
form for the strand you are interested in*
*If you are currently a teacher and you are not seeking any
further endorsements this form is not required.
- Copy of a valid First Aid / CPR card
- International students must also submit an official TOEFL or
IELTS score report and a completed declaration of finances form
along with financial documentation.
||On-site essay. Students must come to the School of Education to
write a personal statement of approximately 300-400 words. This
essay should describe how your Master's program will contribute to
your professional development and aid in achieving your professional