438 Old Main
5000 Abbey Way
Lacey, WA 98503
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
In order to be considered for full and unconditional admission* to the
MEM program, applicants must meet one of the following three lists of
1) A Bachelor of Science degree in science or engineering from a
regionally accredited university and a background in engineering,
mathematics or a related field and:
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.8 for all undergraduate work
- or a 3.0 average for all upper-division engineering courses
- or a passing score on the national Fundamentals of Engineering
In addition, international students must submit proof of English
proficiency in one of two ways:
- An undergraduate degree from a U.S. institution where the
English is the language of instruction.
- An official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
(less than two years old) sent directly from the testing agency. For
full admission we require a 79 IBT/213 CBT/550
PBT on the TOFEL or 6.5 band score on the academic
version of the IELTS.
International students who do not meet the minimum required English
proficiency, but are otherwise admissible, will be conditionally admitted
through our ESL program. Saint Martin's University is the sole judge of an
applicant's English proficiency.
*Students not meeting these requirements will be considered for
conditional admission. Saint Martin's University recognizes that while
previous performance is a valuable indicator of potential success, there are
those who have demonstrated that potential in other ways than traditional