"I felt fully prepared for my new job as an administrator"
-Mike Velasquez, alumni and principal of Avanti High School
NEW** Announcement and application for the 2015-16
State-funded Intern Grant is now
Deadline for grant applications is March 20, 2015.
438 Old Main
5000 Abbey Way SE
Lacey, WA 98503
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Tuesday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday
School admininistrator certification home •
Admission requirements •
How to apply •
Tuition and fees •
Financial aid and scholarships •
Degree requirements •
Program schedule •
Faculty and staff •
The program requires 21 semester hours of course work.
- MED 650 Professional Development Evaluation and Supervision (3)
- MED 653 Principles of Leadership (3)
- MED 654 Principal as Leader of Learning Community (3)
- MED 655 School and Community Relations (2)
- MED 656 Educational Finance (2)
- MED 657 School Law for Educational Administrators (2)
- MED 659a Principal Internship (6) OR MED 659b Program
Administrator Internship (6)
Additional hours will be required if pursing the Masters of Education,
School Administrator strand option. Please see the
MED degree requirements.