We will being accepting applications for the 2014-2015
Norcia Leadership Community in spring of 2014. In order to be
eligible, applicants must:
- Complete an
highlighting interest in leadership or other
community/school service and activities.
- Commit to being an active member of the floor community.
- Commit to participating in the Benedictine Leaders Program.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, character, maturity, and dedication.
- Have school spirit and a desire to make your mark on the Saint Martin’s
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office,
we would be happy to speak with you!
Spangler Hall (main office for Spangler, Baran and Burton) 360-412-6163
Parsons Hall 360-923-8727
Saint Martin's University
Office of Housing and Residence Life
5000 Abbey Way SE
Lacey, WA 98503
Norcia Leadership Community
Developing leaders for service and the common good.
Named after Norcia, Italy, the birthplace of Saint Benedict, the Norcia
leaders community is a partnership between Housing and Residence Life, the
Benedictine Leaders Program and the Benedictine Institute.
Designed to pair Saint Martin’s emerging student leaders with first-year
students committed to following in their footsteps, the Norcia leaders community
- Uniquely crafted leadership
- Service opportunities.
- Community development projects.
First-year students selected to live on the floor will be assigned to single
or double occupancy rooms in three-person to four-person suites with a shared
bathroom. They will be matched with student mentors also living on the floor who
have demonstrated their commitment to leadership and academic achievement at
Saint Martin’s and wish to nurture leadership potential in other students.
- Mentoring relationships with established leaders.
- One weekly community dinner.
- Benedictine Leadership Program workshops.
- Three-person to four-person shared-bathroom suites.
- Leadership-oriented floor programming.