Above: Father Gerard, O.S.B.
Father Bertand C. Trautman
Nov. 1, 1918 - June 16, 1972
Faculty advisor to the Associated Students of Saint Martin's
College, the student union building was named in his honor in
Trautman Union Building (TUB)
Named after Father Bertand C. Trautman, OSB in 1965, the
Trautman Union Building has long since been a place for students
to connect as a community. Located only 100 yards from the
residence halls, the TUB offers a fun, lively space for students
to spend their time.
By simply using your SMU student ID, students have access to:
- Sports equipment
- Camping equipment
- Day rental of bicycles
- XBOX 360 and games
Need a place just to hang out? Come to the TUB and you can:
- Play a game of pool, ping pong, or foosball
- Play arcade video games or the XBOX 360 Kincect
- Watch a game, movie, or favorite show on one of our four flat
- Rent a movie from the DVD and VHS collection
- Relax or do homework in a friendly environment
Looking for discounts on movie tickets and other
sporting events and concerts in the area? The concierge desk has
- Regal Movie tickets - $5 (2 per student per
- Tacoma Rainiers tickets - $5 (for specific
- Thunderbirds Hockey tickets - $5 (for
- Puyallup Fair gate tickets - $5 (coming back
- Other various tickets, too!
Check out our
Entire building hours of non-holiday operation:
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday noon - 5 p.m.
Game Room is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week with SMU
ID card access.
*Open non-posted hours for events