Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology - Saint Martin's University

Contact the MAC office

Phone: 360-438-4560

MAC office hours:
Monday - Friday, noon - 7:00pm

News, alerts and events

Upcoming deadlines:
Fall final deadline is June 1, 2015. Please contact Sandy Brandt,, with any questions.

Graduate Studies



Physical location
438 Old Main

Mailing address
Graduate Studies
5000 Abbey Way SE
Lacey, WA 98503

Office hours
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.

9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday

MAC Frequently asked questions

MAC homeAdmission requirementsHow to applyTuition and feesFinancial aid and scholarshipsDegree requirementsProgram scheduleFaculty and staffFAQForms and notebooks

Q: Does the coursework meet the requirements of the Department of Health credentials "Licensed Mental Health Counselor" and/or "Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist."
A: The coursework is designed to match or exceed the Department of Health requirements which are listed under WAC 246-809-220 (for MHC) and WAC 246-809-120 (for MFT) at their website. Look under Sections 120 and 220 after going to
Q: Can I work full time and complete the MAC program?
A: All required courses are offered at least once per year during evening hours. All courses are offered on a schedule of one meeting per week. Most courses are offered during the evening hours, although afternoon courses and some Friday and Saturday classes are occasionally offered.
Q: What are my employment options with a MAC degree?
A: By far, the most common career objective among graduate students is to become an individual, group or family therapist. Students wish to work with a variety of age groups and specific clientele and deal with divergent presenting problems such as anger control, sexual abuse, chemical dependency and so on. Most of these students hope to work in mental health agencies, treatment facilities and private practice agencies.
Q: I am interested in counseling children within educational settings in Washington state. Will the MAC program prepare me for this career?
A: The State of Washington requires school counselors to hold an Educational Staff Associate (ESA) certificate. This certification is granted to those who have completed a master's degree including specific coursework at an institution with an approved ESA program. Saint Martin's University has an approved ESA counseling program, which can be completed either within the MAC Program or within the Master of Education Program.

The Office of Graduate Studies

Graduate studies home