Closing date: February 12, 2013; however, applications will be
considered and evaluated as they are received.
Position title: Network Administrator
The Network Administrator is responsible for the physical and logical data networks at the university. The position is responsible for the design and implementation of the network with an emphasis on a secure and stable implementation. The position will participate in the architecture and capacity planning of the network. Other significant areas of responsibility also include wireless (WIFI) networks, and VoIP telecommunications. The position is also responsible for the day-to-day support activities related to the network including management of user access, remote access, troubleshooting network issues, and the definition of new end points. The scope of the responsibility includes cable plant, switches, routers, firewalls and other network devices. (See job description)
- Associates degree in computer science, information technology or related discipline.
- Two year’s work experience in network administration.
- Demonstrable skills and proficiency with network switches, routers, firewalls, and other network tools.
- Advanced knowledge of the network design and implementation.
- Skill and proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Industry Certification (MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE).
- Experience administering Watchguard or Juniper Firewalls.
- Experience administering Procera PacketLogic packet shapers.
- Experience administering Cisco IOS or Dell PowerConnect switches.
- Experience administering Trapeze or Ruckus Wireless Networks.
- Experience administering IPSEC VPN services (Aruba hardware).
- Experience using RADIUS services.
- Experience administering Active Directory, Hyper-V.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit the
following to human resources (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Application of employment.
(MS Word Version)
- Cover letter specifying interest and
how their background has prepared them
for this position.
- Current resume.
- Brief statement which highlights how
your work experience and background will
contribute to the Catholic Benedictine
philosophy of education. To better
understand the Catholic, Benedictine
Values in an Educational Environment,"
we are providing a link to a well
written article on the subject:
- Copies of transcripts indicating
degree confirmation. Official
transcripts will be required of the
- If you are contacted for an
interview, we also will require your
authorization to order a background
check before any employment offer can be
finalized. Please print the
background check authorization
form and bring it with you to the
The principles of the Catholic Benedictine tradition, equal
employment opportunity, and nondiscrimination are fundamental to the
mission, goals, and objectives of Saint Martin’s University. The
University does not discriminate in employment or in the delivery or
administration of its educational programs, policies, scholarship and
loan programs, athletic or other University programs on the basis of
sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion (except as a bona fide
occupational qualification for certain select positions), marital
status, national or ethnic origin, military or veteran status, age, or
Students or employees with concerns or complaints about discrimination on the
basis of sex in employment or an education program or activity, or any other
inquiries related to the University's non-discrimination policy, may contact the
Director of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
5000 Abbey Way SE, Lacey WA 98503
Consistent with the requirements of Title IX of the Education Amendments of
1972 and the regulations adopted under that law, the University has designated
the above individual as the University's Title IX Officer, responsible for
coordinating the University's Title IX compliance. Individuals may also contact
the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 915 2nd Avenue, Room
3310 Seattle, WA 98174-1099, Telephone: (206) 220-7900, TDD: (206) 220-7907.