You serve our country.
We serve you.
SMU is committed to providing the best possible service to military students, veterans and their families.
If you feel we can improve our service, or you have a complaint, please contact us
via our Saint Martin's University military feedback form.
Interested in applying at Saint Martin's?
Veteran and service member students
Saint Martin's University is proud to be a member of the DoD Voluntary Education Partnership,
an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) that ensures all service members participating in off-duty,
postsecondary education programs are provided quality education programs uniformly.
We have served the military community for over 40 years and continue our commitment by re-signing the DoD MOU and
maintaining compliance with the Principles of Excellence set forth in the 2012 Executive Order 13607.
- Saint Martin's University agrees to provide students--prior to admission--
a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program (i.e. program costs,
student debt estimates, and federal financial aid options).
- Using the shopping sheet template from the Department of Education, the Student
Financial Services Center has created a
new award letter that provides a complete breakdown of costs and funding options.
- Saint Martin's University agrees to provide educational plans for
all military and veteran education beneficiaries.
- Advisors from the various
academic programs and the
Learning and Writing Center are available to assist veterans
with developing a complete education plan for their educational goals.
- Career advising is available for veterans transitioning to the workplace through the
Office of Career Development.
- Saint Martin's University does not support or condone fraudulent and aggressive
recruiting practices regarding any students. The University will continue to uphold our high
- Saint Martin's University agrees to provide accommodations for service
members and reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Saint Martin's University understands the pressures of deployment and the complexities of daily life. As a result, Saint Martin's has developed accommodations for both individual deployments and conditions beyond a student's control by offering the following withdrawal option:
- Additionally, Saint Martin's University will allow service members and reservists to be
readmitted to a program if they are
temporarily unable to attend class or have to suspend their studies due to service requirements,
provided satisfactory academic progress is being made by the service members/reservists prior
to suspending their studies.
Saint Martin's University is continually working to meet the needs of students from our military community to ensure their academic success. For questions about coursework or applying for aid, please contact the individuals below:
- Saint Martin's University has aligned its
refund policy with Title IV standards.
The amount of aid a student receives will be determined by the percentage of the semester
that the student has completed at the time of withdrawal.
- For information about the tuition refund deadlines, please review the