Conversation partners are students who meet for a couple of hours each
week for casual conversation in a friendly atmosphere. One student
should have English as their first language, and the other is an
international student who would like to practice their English. The two
of you can meet for lunch in the cafeteria, enjoy a latte at a coffee
shop, or do anything else you may want to do together! Additionally,
there are kick-off parties for the program and Saint Martin's
international activities the two of you can enjoy together!
Benefits of the program:
- Help international students practice English
- Learn bits of a new language
- Make new friendships
- Be a cultural guide: share American culture with international
- Learn about another country and culture
- Develop your communication skills
- Go on exciting cultural activities
- Meet new people
find out more information about the conversation partner program, or
conversation partner form, please contact Marco Tulluck in the Office
of International Programs and Development.
Call 360-438-4598 or e-mail
Click here for helpful
hints to being a great conversation partner!